I've been tagged by a Toronto Girl Out West!
The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same
1. What are your current obsessions? Running for sure, reading blogs and always, pink
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? I am so tired of pretty much everything in my closet except for my shoes. I'm loving my green BP flats right now.
3. Last thing you bought for yourself? A dancing rooster yard ornament from Hobby Lobby. I'm 80, I know.
4. What’s for dinner? Prolly Grape Nuts and tangerines. I know, I'm sooo culinarily challenged
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: I love how optimistic you are in your posts. I can almost HEAR the excitement in your voice as you blog about your upcoming wedding! (AND about your Green Monsters!)
6. What is one item you could not live without? Lip balm. I stash it everywhere. The car, my desk at work, by my bed, of course my purse, in my Spibelt...
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? I'd really like to go to Sweden and also, strangely enough, Iceland. But I might starve. They eat blood pudding there. Ew. For some reason I also really want to go to Nebraska. I just love the Midwest!
8. Three things to do before you die: For someone who absolutely loves to make lists, I strangely don't really have a "Bucket" list. I'm always up for new challenges but I'm so happy with my life that if Jesus came for me now, I'd be totally okay with what I've already accomplished. That DOESN'T mean I'm smug about what I've accomplished, just that I'm content!
9. What are you reading right now? I recently finished 50/50 by Dean Karnazes and now I'm reading Nixon's Vietnam War by Jeffrey Kimball. Little known fact, I'm kinda a Vietnam, uh, what is the word? Fan certainly isn't right, I don't know enough to be a "buff." Let's just say I'm fascinated. I'm especially interested in the nurse's experience. But that's not what this book is about. Home Before Morning by Lynda Van Devanter is a very good one.
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? We all know I'm not good about seeing first run movies. I make a trip to the theater once every 5 years or so. I did Stivo Raising Helen and managed to make it all the way through.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? cupcakes, for sure, with buttercream frosting
12. What’s your favorite smell? Cinnamon or fresh eucalyptus
13. Best thing you ate or drank lately? I recently consumed some dark chocolate covered almonds. Yummers.
14. Favorite Quote? Dr. King's "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
15. Describe one of your happiest moments. Pretty much any moment with Hubs. Every day I am thankful that God has blessed me with another day with him. I LOVE this man!
16. Whats one thing you can't go a day with out doing? Google Readering my blogs, Twittering, FaceBook...we'll file all three with digital reading
17. Name one person you admire. My grandad, Pappy. He's a great story teller, he's funny, he is sincere and he never has an unkind word to say about anyone. He's always discreetly extending a helping hand, often before anyone else even knows of the need. He's a man of strong character and even stronger faith. I love it that he still calls me Rabbit and after all these years still tells everyone the story of how I first winked at him when I was a baby. (and laughs like it just happened)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! I love the family time, the memories, shopping for those I love, the giving spirit that is in the air, all the cheesy movies and the tacky decorations! But mostly I love the promise that Christmas holds. The hope. "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try keep it all the year." Charles Dickens.
19. How many pairs of shoes (not just running) do you have?? I just counted. 14 not counting running shoes, cleats, tap shoes or skates. So 20 total.
20. What is the biggest obstacle you have had to over come? I firmly believe that God puts obstacles in our way to present us with opportunities to grow, to learn and to challenge us to be better people. My biggest personal crisis/obstacle involves Hubs and maybe I'll blog about that someday soon.
The Man I Love, bravely killing a spider. With hockey sticks, of course. How else would you kill a spider? I'm really not sure why he isn't wearing a shirt. At least it is the backyard. So WT. Sigh.