Can't say that I particularly enjoyed this January. I had a lazy attitude for most of it. Totally my fault, can't blame that on January. But I'm still not sad to see it go.
Except that means one whole month is gone! I'm one month further into marathon training. I'm one whole month into 2010 and it feels like Christmas was yesterday. Where did the time go???
I mentioned that Kelly was setting monthly goals. Which is just awesome and just like her. I can totes get behind some monthly goals. (while still keeping a keen eye on my 2010 goals)
So here you go, February. Please be kind to me.
- Stike 100 miles. I'm really enjoying my stycling. I think 100 miles is totally do-able, but challenging. I managed just over 74 this month; pretty sure I can add a few.
- Cut my eating out to once a week with Hubs, once every two weeks at work. Ouch. I don't know how I made it through all of December without eating out, because I sure do enjoy it.
- Lose 5 pounds. I'm in a Biggest Loser competition at work and I managed to maintain in January, but not lose a pound. What up? Maybe it's all that eating out.
- Start swimming. I know this sounds totally lame, but I'd like to get in 4 swims in February. Swims? Is that right? I'm not sure how to best work swimming into my early mornings.* This may take some work, but I'm willing!
- Work on my arms. Ali is working on a 100 x 100 plan to do 100 push ups for 100 days. Clearly, Ali is much stronger and much more dedicated than I. I'm setting the bar low and aiming for 40 x 40. At least I have something to aspire to. You go Ali!
- Get back to planking. Remember when I was all Plank Superstar? Yeah, me neither. But I haven't done a single plank since then. Planks are sooo good for my runner's core and I've got to get back to planking. My goal is to plank daily. 5 sets of planks in increasing time. Somewhere I've got a plank plan, I need to dust it off and get to it.
So there you have it. 6 Goals for February.
*So how AM I supposed to get in all my workouts? I'm running 4 days a week. Trying to cycle twice a week. I'd like to add in swimming once a week. Then there is weight training which I know I should be doing. (notice that's not a goal) Then everyone is yammering about yoga and how good all that stretching is for me. Um, so when exactly am I supposed to fit this in? How do y'all find balance? How do you fit it all in? I can only get up so early. (I already get up at 4:30!) Do I need to start with 2 a days? I need some fitness time management help - any suggestions?