I've decided that this will be the Summer of Speed. I've never been a quick one and marathon training has certainly made me even slower. Injuries have prevented me from speed work AND distance training. I had to pick one. I'm getting stronger every day so, why not get FASTER every day too?
So here you go. My Summer of Speed Goals.
- Swimming - great cardio while giving those legs a rest (from the pounding)
- Speed work - putting together a group track session each week
- Strength training - muscles, muscles, muscles!
- Svelte - gonna get my weight down just a bit
- Swiftness 5K PR - I'd like my number to start with a 27.
I'm keeping my mileage low. Keeping my workouts short, but intense. I'm gonna hit my 5K PR and return to distance training stronger, faster and rested. 'Cause, there is a December/January marathon with my name one it!
(Good golly Pete that sounds far away!)