22. Chocolate milk. I inhale this stuff post run
23. Y'all know I'm in love with Hal Higdon, right? He's my brotha from anotha motha. He's my not so fairy god-father. My running mentor. He got me to my first half and he's getting me through my 2nd full. I simply adore Hal, all his books and hang on to every word he's ever written. Hal is running.
24. Y'all! I read your blogs and I'm inspired. I'm educated. You make me laugh, you make me think and you are an encouragement to me at all times. It amazes me sometimes how many people I've never met IRL, yet talk to each day! Can't tell you how many times I've told a story starting with, "This friend of mine, well, I read her blog, follow her on Twitter, e-mail her, text her..." I love y'all!
25. My friends. I have the BEST running cru EVAH! They run with me when it's Texas hot, when it's super cold, when it's wet, when it's EARLY...who else in your life would get up at 4:30 am to run around in the dark and share things we'd never reveal to others in the day light? Ha! My girls are so supportive and a blessing to me in so many ways.
26. Almost last, but certainly not least, my sweet Hubs. He is so understanding that I need to be in bed by 9 pm each night. He gives me the sofa so I can ice my knee. He rubs my feet when my piggies are sore. He drives to Whataburger to buy me breakfast while I soak in an ice bath. He never says a word about my Nike Tempo obsession. He shows up at my races to cheer me on. He's my cheerleader at home when I'm feeling doubtful. He believes in me when I tell him things like "I'm going to run a marathon" or "I think I'd like to train for an Ironman." He tells me how proud he is of me and he means it. He's amazing. I don't deserve him and I strive each day to be the wife HE deserves. God overdid it when He blessed me with my Hubs!
.2 It's just a nubbin, but it is so important to me! Y'all know I love Jesus and my faith keeps me going. Scripture is where I head when I need guidance. The verse I've been reciting during my training this time is from Isaiah 40:31
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."
And those, my bloggies, are the 26.2 things that got me through marathon training!