Listen to this instead.
Okay, so you lost the one you love. He left you, you got dumped. Whatevs. And you want to wallow. I feel ya.
The following songs irritate me every sinkin' time I heard them on the radio. They are dumb and they just plain make girls look bad. Look crazy. Ugh. Don't listen to this!
Top 3 Crazy Girl Songs:
1. Someone Like You - Adele. Girl has a phenomenal voice, yes. But this song. Ugh, this song. She's a stalker! Get OVER it woman! You cannot go around following him and just randomly showing up. He's married, you said so yourself. "Why are you so shy?" Um, because he's freaked out that you just showed up after all this time. Move on or at least move away. Creepy McCreeperson.
2. Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood. I cannot condone destruction of property. I mean yes, he's probably going to wince when he comes out to find that you've "dug your keys into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive" but mostly he's going to be glad he left you after all. Even if he did cheat. You aren't teaching him a lesson about fidelity. You are confirming that you are a freakshow and he's safer without you. Plus, girl, you could serve some jail time for that. He's a cheater, he's def not worth it! Slow your roll.
3. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift. No baby, just no. You sound desperate. And girl, he's with someone else. Just because "She wears short shorts (dont' hate) you wear t-shirts, She's Cheer Captain and you're on the bleachers" does not mean that you can spy on him from your bedroom window. Stop it now. Find someone else that likes the way you dress and admires the fact that you have minimal school spirit. He's out there.
Instead, wallow like a guy. Guys don't get all weird and stalkerish. They do it right. They just get mad. I'm pretty sure there is a well placed f-bomb in each of these songs.
Now, Listen to This!
1. I Will Survive - Cake. He don't need you. Just get to steppin'. You left, he's moved on. At first he was afraid, he was petrified. But now, now he's stronger and don't wanna hear from you no mo. (this might be directed at Adele...)
2. Gives you Hell - All American Rejects. True, this was written about a former manager, not a girl, but it still works. He isn't skulking about town spying on her. He's living his life, happy and hoping, just a little, that she's miserable without him. All without stalking.
3. F** You - Cee Lo Green. Resist the urge to buy the edited version. Go whole hog. Cee Lo is sad, he even cries in this song, but he gathers the gumption to tell the man who took his woman exactly how he feels about him. Without scratching up his Ferrari. Well done Cee Lo, well done.
See the difference? Now, I've been accused of being more like a dude emotionally on more than one occasion. But there is no call for crazy behavior. If you want to sing at the top of your lungs, stop the graveley, throat scratching "someone like yooooouuuuu" and crank up some angry, bad words.
Empower yourself, don't embarrass yourself.