Welp, I'm signed up for a trail 50K for Nov 12. And I'm on the fence. Why?
1. There's a duathlon the next day that I'd really like to "du." It's probably the last road duathlon of the season. I know I can't run 31+ miles then race a du the very next day.
2. Plus, I JUST raced a marathon, hard. Not sure if running that high mileage so soon afterwards is smart idea for my recovery.
3. Because, I have another marathon (road race) two weeks after that. While I was originally not planning on racing it...I'm a little high off MCM and would love to try and replicate that.
4. However, When I was at mile 22 of MCM I thought to myself, "I have NO interest in doing this again in two weeks!"
5. But, I won't be racing a trail run, I'll probably run a 12 min mile or slower. And it would be fun to hang out with everyone and complete another 50K.
6. But, it would also be fun to be on my bike again...the duathlon is a sprint so I feel my legs would be ready to race such a short distance.
7. So...I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
What's next for you?